Steps to become a resident at SPA Women’s Ministry Homes:
- Fill out the application and submit to SPA Women’s Ministry Homes.
- After submitting the application, staff will review your application and call to set up a Meet-and-Greet appointment.
Meet-and-Greet appointment: Meet at SPA to tour the home, talk individually with a staff member about needs and concerns, and review application and rules to determine eligibility.
- After your Meet-and-Greet, staff will contact you to let you know if you are eligible for residential services. If eligible, your intake date will be established and staff will review the “Intake Inventory Checklist” with you. The $50 application fee must be paid before intake to SPA Women’s Ministry Homes and is non-refundable, whether you enter the program or not.
- Come for intake at SPA Women’s Ministry Homes. Welcome!
*Note: Jail Ministry/Incarceration Process:
- Send a letter asking to come to SPA Women’s Ministry Homes:
SPA Women’s Ministry Homes
23221 Old US 20 East
Elkhart, IN 46516
- SPA will mail back the “Consideration Form”. After completion, mail back to SPA.
- When SPA has received the “Consideration Form” in the mail, staff will review to determine eligibility to be visited by SPA’s jail ministry liaison.
- If eligible, SPA’s jail ministry liaison will visit you in jail locally, or communicate with the appropriate jail chaplain. At the visit, the “SPA Resident Application” will be provided for completion.
- After completing the “SPA Resident Application”, submit to SPA.
- After SPA determines final eligibility, if approved, your intake date will be arranged in conjunction with your legal obligations.
Program Fees: While SPA provides all program services free of charge to residents, there is a charge for room and board.
- Application Fee: There is a $50 application fee payable by cash or check (made out to “SPA, Inc.”). This must be paid before intake to SPA Women’s Ministry Homes and is non-refundable, whether you enter the program or not.
- Room and Board: This covers your room and board, meals, transportation to and from appointments, personal care items, toiletries, etc.
- Receiving Government Assistance: 40% of income amount, with a minimum of $50/week.
- No Income: $50/week.
- If you are concerned that you will not be able to pay this, please contact us to discuss additional options as we do not want finances to limit your ability to participate in ministry services.